Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dinner with the folks

I've been feeling a bit sick these past few days. Must have caught something while I on that 23 hour train ride. Despite the coughing and sniffling, I have been taking my mom to some of the touristy places in Chengdu. I'm in the process of charging my camera so that I can transfer pictures over for posting. So, I'll talk about those trips in another blog.

Sarah and her family came back from Tibet this evening and so we decided to have a gathering of families for dinner. We (Sarah and her family, Laura and her mom, Matt, and my mom and I) went to that mapo tofu place we ate previously during the mid-autumn festival. It was nice to see everyone again and even better that we got to meet everyone's family. We had the traditonal family style Chinese dinner - a plate of stir-fried bean sprouts, mapo tofu *of course!*, fish sauced egg plant, kongbao chicken, huiguo rou or twice cooked pork, winter melon dakon pork soup, fish (nian nian you yu), and pineapple flavored bing & scallion flavored bing (cong you bing). All of us shared stories about our adventures. Laura and Sarah also have blogs that I have linked with mine. Check out their adventures! Laura spent some time in Beijing and in Shanghai and Sarah and her family was in Beijing for a few days before coming to Chengdu and taking the train to Lhasa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home