Wednesday, December 13, 2006

IKEA & a Christmas tree

:) Hope everyone is doing great...finals are almost over, no?

Things here have been going okay I suppose. I have been listening to Christmas music and it makes me miss home alot. But today, a couple of us got a taste of being in the States. Matt, Tim, Ben, & I headed on over to the newly opened IKEA for lunch and to stroll around. REAL HOT DOGS!!! China usually either have the Chinese sausage or these "spam-dogs." Spam-dogs only begin to taste decent if you put the chili powder thing they have. We also had Swedish meatballs! Western food here is usually no lower than 25 RMB...but I had a hot dog, a soft drink, 10 Swedish meatballs, fries, and some sort of berry sauce all for 13 RMB. Not bad. I've never been to IKEA in the States, but I am totally in love with the IKEA here! Haha...I feel like I could use everything they have there. A couple of us are planning on going back this coming Saturday.

After we got back and had class, Matt, Laura, and I went to Roberts Hall to scavage for some Christmas stuff. Roberts Hall really isnt a building, but rather a room devoted totally to UW exchange students over at the overseas students dorm. Over the years, Roberts has collected stuff pervious exchange students leave. At first, we were just looking through this stuff. But then we thought, why not put up the fake Christmas tree that was in the room? And we did...we decorated the tree with tensils, ornaments, and lights. Following that, we did the door and windows. :) It's pretty nice. People outside on the street can totally see our tree. Yay. Alright, going to go and finish off The God Delusion. I'll post more later. Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home