Saturday, November 11, 2006

List of Movie Recommendations

Since pirated DVDs are so cheap here, I think I'm going to start a list of Chinese movies I would recommend...give a lil summary, all that jazz. So, for anyone interested, esp. those who like Chinese films and want to practice their 听力, be my guest.

**Movie titles will be given in English...I will try to provide their Chinese names in a timely manner.**

1. A World Without Thieves
I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes "organized crime." The plot involves this couple who are, you guessed it, thieves. After a steal and escaping to Tibet, they board a train and starts heading back east. On their ride, though, they meet a group of professional thieves...and the plot thickens from there! One comment though about Chinese movies, for those who don't usually watch many, Chinese stories don't really ever end "happily ever after." I feel they are more realistic...just my opinion.

2. The Banquet
For those ZhangZiYi fans out there, here is her latest movie. The movie takes place in the Tang dynasty...and the plot follows pretty close with that of Shakespeare's Hamlet...with of course, Chinese characteristics. I thought the movie was okay, but again, Chinese style ending. This movie and A World Without Thieves were directed by the same person.

3. An Inconvenient Truth

4. My Sassy Girl (Korean)

5. The Game of Our Lives

6. State of Mind

7. National Geographic documentary on Marco Polo and Zheng He

8. Grave of Fireflies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home