Thursday, October 19, 2006

bike expenses

These past few days have been rather frustrating for me. With my bike, its a love-hate relationship. When it cooperates and stays intact, I love it! It's a great way to travel. However, when the chain comes off the gears, the barrings need to be changed, the tire blows up and goes flat, the chain breaks in 2, I just hate it. So...I have decided to make a tally for myself and for anyone interested to just see what sort of investment my bike actually is. Hopefully, by the end of the year, I can say that it was worth it. So far, it ain't worth all the frustration, time, money, and effort. So here we go.

Bike Expenses (so far...)

60 RMB - bike itself
30 RMB - changing the back tire, inner tube, and inner tube lining
10 RMB - new chain
19 RMB - new barrings for the pedal section and for back wheels
~1 RMB - air, random fixes here and there

10.24.06
10 RMB - another NEW chain. Supposedly, the last chain that I bought got screwed up cause I of my later pedal problem...so yeah...more money.

11.11.06
I can happily report that my bike has been doing really well. Ever since the new chain, I haven't ran into any huge problems. Yeah, it squeaks and rattles once in a while, but I am able to ride *sometimes even quite fast* without the whole bike coming apart. :) yay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! Maybe you ought to start over

11:02 PM  
Blogger Razzak said...

haha that kinda sucks... you should get a better bike

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home