Sunday, October 15, 2006

the weekend

Nothing too much went on this weekend. I spent most of my time working on homework and on watching a tv series based on a famous novel called: 红楼梦。It was recommended to me by my roommate who just absolutely loves it. Here in China, they even have a entire field dedicated to studying this story. From what I have watched so far, I find it rather interesting. I do have to say that nearly half of what they are saying I don't understand completely. That's cause they are using a more ancient way of talking. So, from using context and the Chinese that I do know, I get the gist of what's going on. Of course, if there is an entire field devoted to this novel, then there must be meaning beyond what I am getting from my first encounter.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Razzak said...

neato!!!! ^_^

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home