Monday, August 21, 2006

...packing & goodbyes *for now*


Today is my last full day in the U.S. Texas has been...well...a journey itself. I do have to say, though, that the scorching weather here has prepared me for the blazing heat in Chengdu...sort of. Granted, Texas is more of a desert while southern China...well...hot and humid. But, it's better preparation than none. Although I've been packing for the past couple of days, I think I finally have everything in order. Just a few more things here and there. I am taking with me only 2 pieces of luggage...a backpack...and a computer bag. I figured I would probably buy things that I might have forgotten once I get there. So, the flight itself. Here's my itinerary:

August 21, 2006
7:10 AM Leave San Antonio
--> Arrive in Houston at 8:15 AM

9:15 AM Leave Houston
--> Arrive in Los Angeles at 10:42 AM

1:30 PM Leave Los Angeles
August 22, 2006
--> Arrive in Shanghai 6:15 PM

9:05 PM Leave Shanghai
--> Arrive in Cheungdu at 11:55 PM

...a what? 19 hour flight with quite a few layovers. I'm just glad to have the time I do have on the ground so that I won't run into too much trouble trying to get from one flight to another.

Although I have traveled by myself before...I have never been so far away. Truthfully, I am feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow. :) Crossing my fingers and hoping that everything will turn out okay. Well, I suppose that's it for now. I should probably double check to see if I accidentally packed away "liquids, lotions, or gels" in my carry luggage. Wouldn't want to be labeled a "terrorist" now would I?

To end this first entry...I want to leave y'all with a Daoist quote...given that I will be really close to the temple where Daosim all began...

...the journey of three hundred miles began with the feet. A journey of a thousand li begins right where one stands, even with the very first step....

:)...so...these are my first steps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home